David Murillo R. is an award-winning Colombian film composer and music producer. Currently based in LA, his versatility has led him to score over 60 productions and work alongside singer/songwriters from all over the world.
His composing work spans a wide variety of styles ranging from Netflix’s most popular foreign language show to date “Who Killed Sara?”, to 2016 Sundance multi-award winning “Between Sea and Land”, and the sibling rivalry coming-of-age story “Blast Beat” also an official Sundance selection in 2020. Screen Daily lauded his Sundance debut for composing a “tearful orchestral score that sweeps in at key emotional moments” and during his 2020 return, critics praised his musical representation of the two brother’s rivalry as heard in the film’s “moody electronic score [that] exalts the contrasts between them on a sonic level” (The Wrap) as well as highlighting the “raw and visceral charge [of the] original score to pump up the youth-driven energy” of the film (The Hollywood Reporter).
In less than a year working alongside singer/songwriters, his producing and composing credits have amassed over 90 Million streams on Spotify and 55 Million views on YouTube. Under the name of AGALMA his musical talent and eclectic mix of Latin Urban sounds, have earned him 2 Gold and 3 Platinum certifications for his latest collaborations “4 Besos” with Lola Indigo, Lalo Ebratt & Rauw Alejandro and “Santería” with Lola Indigo, Danna Paola & Denise Rosenthal.
David (‘Dah – veed’) Murillo R. is an award-winning Colombian film composer and certified gold & platinum music producer.
His composing work spans a wide variety of styles ranging from Netflix’s most popular foreign language show to date “Who Killed Sara?”, to 2016 Sundance multi-award winning “Between Sea and Land”, and the sibling rivalry coming-of-age story “Blast Beat” also an official Sundance selection in 2020.
His producing and composing credits have amassed over 90 Million streams on Spotify and over 60 Million views on YouTube. Under the name of AGALMA, his musical talent and eclectic mix of Latin Urban sounds, have earned him collaborations with international artists Lola Indigo, Danna Paola, Denise Rosenthal, Lalo Ebratt, Rauw Alejandro and Maluma. His latest singles “4 Besos” and “Santería” received 2 Gold and 3 Platinum certifications.
Hollywood Music in Media Win for Best Main Title Theme (Foreign Language) + 3 Nominations
Recipient of the Trent Reznor Award (“The Social Network”, “Gone Girl”, “Bird Box”)
Howard Shore Scholarship (“The Lord Of The Rings”, “The Hobbit”, “Spotlight”)
Latin American Full-Tuition Scholarship at Berklee College of Music
Best Music/Sound FX for “Borderline” at Boston & LA Redstone Film Festival
BEST MUSIC NOMINEE FOR “NEFERTITI’S DAUGHTERS” AT DOCUTAH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
SECOND PLACE WINNING COMPOSER AT SCORING AND SOUND DESIGN CONTEST 2015
Triple Platinum and Double Gold Certificated Music Producer
1. “Pedal to Metal” | “Dale Gas”
Netflix and VIACOM Original Series by Alejandro Fernandez (2022) US/MX
- News: Premiering on March 16, 2022. Starring Benny Emanuel Miranda, Andres Delgado, Renata Vaca, Gerardo Taracena and Sylvia Pasquel
2. “Who Killed Sara” | “Quién Mató a Sara”
Netflix Original Series by Chascas Valenzuela and David Ruiz (2020-2022) US/MX
- News: Premiered on March 24, 2021. Starring Manolo Cardona, Claudia Ramirez and Ana Lucia Dominguez.
3. Dad Wanted” | “Se Busca Papá”
Netflix Original Feature Film by Javier Colinas (2020) US/MX
- News: Premiered on September 11, 2020. Starring Natalia Coronado, Juan Pablo Medina, and Silvia Navarro.
4. “Blast Beat”
Feature Film by SONY Pictures and MACRO directed by Esteban Arango (2020) US
- News: Worldwide premiere at Sundance Film Festival 2020. Distributed in select theatres around the US.
5. “Oro Verde”
Feature Documentary by Paulina Gamiz (In Progress) US
- News: Jaime Camil a Mexican/Brazilian TV Personality has joined the project as Executive Producer and Narrator. The film is currently in Post and this 1-hour pilot will be pitched to streaming platforms.
6. “When in Venice”
Feature Film by Juan Zapata (2020) Brazil
- News: Premiering in Theatres on 2021 in Several Countries in Latinamerica.
7. “Cranberry Nights”
Short Film by Sara Robin (2020) US
- Selections: The Female Eye Film Festival, San Antonio Film Festival, Lakeshorts International Short Film Festival, Online New England Film Festival, International Short Film Competition USA Film Festival Finalist.
Short Film by Amber Ha (2020) US
9. “La Casa de Los Alienados”
Short Film by Nicolas Rodriguez (2020) COL
10. “Hacienda Paraiso”
Short Film by Erick Castillon & Esteban Arango (2019) US
- Prizes: Narrative Short Award winner at United Latino Film Festival, Special Mention at Boston Latino Film Festival.
- Selections: Boston Latino International Film Festival, LA Shorts International Film Festival, Seattle Latino Film Festival, Festival de Cine Latino Americano, The 5th United Latino International Film Festival, NALIP Latino Lens Official Selection.
Short Film by Ana Dos Santos (2019) Brazil
Short Film by Sebastian Giraldo (2020) COL
Short Film by Joseph Hooten (2019) US
- Prizes: Best Film at the UCLA Extension Film Festival Nominations: Best Short Film at the Pasadena International Film Festival.
- Selections: Ft. Lauderdale International Film Festival, Seattle Latino Film Festival, Pasadena International Film Festival, Ft. Meyers Beach Film Festival, Twist Alley Film Festival 2021, Charlotte Film Festival.
Short Film by Victor Dueñas (2019) US
- News: Stars Academy Award Nominee Adriana Barraza. This short will be made available to more than one million US secondary school educators to promote inclusion.
- Prizes: Best RGV Short at the South Texas International Film Festival.
- Selections: Oscar-Qualifying LA SHORTS International Film Festival, Oscar-Qualifying Austin Film Festival, Shorts Mexico Festival Internacional de Cortometrajes Mexico, Seattle Latino Film Festival, South Texas International Film Festival, NALIP 20th Kick Off Screening Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, Premio Maguey At Oscar-Qualifying Guadalajara International Film Festival, San Diego Latino Film Festival, Central American International Film Festival.
15. IFCC 2019 Film Festival Intro Short Film (2019) CROATIA
- News: One of the biggest art and design film festivals featuring some of the leading technology in software such as Houdini which is used by many animators in Hollywood.
16. “The Snow Queen 4 Mirrorlands”
Orchestrator & Programmer Feature Film by Wizart (2019) Russia.
Short Film by Jordan Martinez (2018) US
18. “Hector El Father: Conocerás La Verdad”
Feature Film by Joel Colon (2018) US
- News: Released in Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and US through AMC All of the following info has been Gathered from the Pitch PDF where they estimate an additional 1 Million viewers and over 2 Million viewers in Colombia if released on Netflix.
- Stats: Puerto Rico’s biggest Box Office hit, For 2 consecutive weeks this film surpassed Steven Spielberg’s. “Ready Player One” and positioned #1 Box Office Spot. SOLD OUT shows the first two weeks. Over 2 Million people have watched the film. $843,907 USD Box Office. 200,000 spectators and movie gowers in 6 weeks. $330,476 USD in US theatres Florida and New York 75,000 people, $40,000 USD in Dominican Republic theatres 13,000 people. Hector El Father released the film on YouTube due to the lockdown, over 800,000 views in only 17 days.
Surround Audiovisual Installation (2018) Colombia
20. “TUBGATE: Cunningham’s Scrap”
Short Film by Fraser Murdoch (2018) Scotland
- Prizes: Animation Winner LA Edge Film Awards, LA Shorts Awards Winner, Gold Lion Award Barcelona Film Festival.
- Selections: World of Film International Festival Glasgow, Global Film Festival Awards, Ironstar Summer Shorts Finalist, The European Independent Film Award Summer 2018, The Short Film Show Longlisted, Hollywood Film Competition, Reading Film Fest, Two Rivers Film Festival, Birmingham Film Festival.
21. “Get Over It Guru”
Short Film by Natasha Elias (2018) US
22. “La Primera Luna”
Short Film by Santiago Londoño (2018) COL
- Prizes: Best Fiction Film Award at the Festival de Cine de Jardin 2020
- Selections: Festival de Cine de Jardin 2020
23. “Billion to One”
TV Series by Marty Shea and CollabFeature (2018) US
- News: Released and ready to watch on Amazon Prime
- Selections: DC Independent Film Festival
24. “At Night”
Short Film by Giovanni Porta (2018) US
25. “Y Donde Es El Partido”
TV Show by Mnesia Films (2018) COL
- News: Has been released on Señal Colombia RTVC preferred Colombian National TV Channel by many Colombians and has had tremendous success. Fun Fact: Has been re-transmitted 3 times Prime Time.
- Awards: Awarded Best National TV Production in 2019 by the CPB (Bogota Journalist Circle/Association) and Best Journalist TV Program by the Latin America Television Academy.
- Finalist: Semana Journalism Awards Finalist in the category of Regional Documentary Film 2019.
26. “Vampire Princess”
Short Film by Eric Vennemeyer (2017) US
Short Film by Emily Sheehan (2017) US
- Prizes: Best Film and Sound Design/Music at the Boston & LA Redstone Festival, Grand Jury Prize At the Independent Film Festival of Boston, Best Narrative Short Finalist at the Middlebury New Filmmakers Festival, First Place at Redstone Film Festival.
- Selections: Cannes Short Film Corner, Independent Film Festival Boston, Middlebury New Filmmakers Festival Boston Redstone Festival, LA Redstone Festival, Short to the Point Film Festival.
Short Film by Nicolas Ortega Baquero (2017) Colombia
29. “Between Sea and Land» | «La Cienaga Entre El Mar Y La Tierra”
Feature Film by Manolo Cruz (2016) COL
- Prizes: Sundance Audience Award: World Cinema Dramatic, Colombian Film Festival in NY Audience Award, Sonoma Film Festival Audience Award and 15 more awards.
- Selections: Over 30 Official Selections all around the world“Bottled” – Short Film by Sara X. Robin (2016) US.
30. “Juanito Es Gay”
Short Film by Pablo Gallo (2016) COL
Short Film by Sara X. Robin (2016) US
- Prizes: Boston University Redstones Runner Up
- Selections: Female Eye Film Festival, Dragon Con Independent Short Film Festival, Fargo Fantastic Film Festival, Twin Cties Film Fest.
32. “Before a Mirror”
Short Film by Jessica Afton (2016) US
Short Film by Vicente Jimenez (2015) COL
34. «The Recipe»
Short Film by Keith Presswood (2015) US
- Prizes: Laughlin International Film Festival Audience Choice Award
35. «Multi Story»
Short Film by Kieran Chahuan (2015) UK
36. “Legado Latente | Beneath Paradise”
Documentary by Darlien Morales (2015) PR
- Prizes: Winner Documentary at My Hero Film Festival, Best Short & Nature Award at Hollywood International Independent Film Festival, Best Documentary at SCADemy, Best Documentary at the Awareness Film Festival, Finalist in Blue Ocean Film Festival, 3rd Place at the Gray’s Reef Film Festival.
- Nominations: Best Short Film Nominee at Rincon International Film Festival, Best Short, Best Short at Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival, Student Film Award at American Conservation Film Festival, Best Short Emerging Film Maker at Blue Ocean Film Festival, Best Documentary at International Puerto Rican Heritage Film Festival, Student Documentary Chagrin Documentary Film Festival.
- Selections: Ohio’s 6th Annual Chagrin Documentary Film Festival, Awareness a Film in Los Angeles, Australia’s Tassie Eco Film Film Festival, Blue Ocean Film Festival Monaco, Apalchiola Riverfront Film Festival, The International Puerto Rican Heritage Film Festival, Gray’s Reef Ocean Film Festival in Savannah.
37. «Mind Maze»
Short Film by Marjorie Marquez (2015) UK
38. «Mountain Bike Out of The Box: Iran»
Documentary by Gregor Mahringer (2015) IRAN
- Prizes: Jury Prize at the St. Anton Mountain Film Festival.
- Selections: Official Selection at St. Anton Mountain Film Festival in Austria / Kendal Mountain Film Festival.
Short Film by Lorena Lourenco (2015) US
- Selections: Cannes Film Festival Corner.
40. «The Mystery Section»
Short Film by Liliana Granados (2015) US
41. «Black or White»
Short Film by Emory Parker (2015) US
Video Game by Nathan Iskandar and Kyle San (2015) US
Video Game by Nathan Iskandar and Kyle San (2015) US
Short Film by Daniel Sanjur (2014) PERU
Short Film by Fraser Murdoch (2014) UK
- Selections: Duncan of Jordanstone Master’s Show 2013, Shortlisted at Horror Online Art Navarra , Zoom Zblizenia Film Festival in Poland.
- Nominations: Best Made In Fife at the Fife Independant Film Expo 2015 Nominee.
46. «Nefertiti’s Daughters»
Documentary & Trailer by Mark Nicholas (2014) EGYPT
- Prizes: Athens International Film Festival: Grand Jury 1st Prize, Worldfest Houston 2015 International Film Festival: Remi Award Gold, Hamptons Take 2 Documentary Film Festival 2015 Audience Award – Best Documentary Short, Coronado Island Film Festival 2015: Grand Jury – Best Doc Short, Social Impact Media Awards (SIMA) Special Jury Mention for Doc Short.
- Selections: ASPEN Shortfest, Raindance Film Festival, Heartland Film Festival, St. Louis International Film Festival, Tallgrass Film Festival, Napa Valley Film Festival, Dresden Urban Art Festival, Rhode Island International Film Festival, Stony Brook Film Festival, On Location: Memphis International Film Music Festival, DOCUTAH International Film Festival, San Joaquin International Film Festival, Dubai Film Market, Hamptons Take 2 Documentary Film Festival.
Short Film by Robert Rodgame (2014) US
48. «Theo Buys a Cake»
Short Film by Zack Bernstein (2014) US
Short Film by Daniel Orentlicher (2014) US
- Prizes: Evvy Awards: Outstanding Short Video, The Indie Fest Award of Recognition Winner, Depth of Field International Film Festival Merit Award Winner.
- Selections: Cannes Film Festival Corner, Los Angeles CineFest, Emerson Film Festival 2015, Harvard College Film Festival, New Filmmakers New York,Online Short Film Festival.
Short Film by Selina Sondermann (2014) UK
Short Film Andrew Griffin (2014) UK
- Selections: 8th Lichtspilklub Short Film Festival in Berlin, STARFEST.
Short Film by Rory Rae (2014) UK
Short FIlm by Benjamin Strum (2014) AU
Short Film by Kevin Carroll (2014) US
55. «Prime Contact»
Short Film & Trailer by Andrew Kueh (2014) US
- Prizes: Luma Film Festival Audience Choice Award, Royal Television Society Yorkshire Awards Runner Up Fiction.
- Selections: Raindance Film Festival UoY Showcase, Royal Television Society Yorkshire.
Short Film by Henry Held (2014) US
- Selections: Enzian Film Festival, Orlando Film Fest.
57. «The Climb»
Animation by Mackenzie Annette (2014) US
Short Film by Megan Cardwell (2014) US
- Prizes: Top 10 ImagiNation Video Contest.
- Nominations: People’s Choice Awards.
59. «Heroes Once Were»
Short Film by Eliseo Salgado (2014) US
Short FIlm & Trailer by Sara X. Robin (2014) US
- Selections: Female Eye Festival in Toronto.
61. «The Things That Matter»
Short Film by David Blanchard (2014) US
62. «26.2 Miles Closer to Living»
Documentary by Lisa Copland (2014) US
- Selections: Boston Film Festival, Canadian Sport Film Festival.
63. «Like Mother, Like Daughter»
Short Film by Phil Matthews & Gemma Nichols (2014) UK
Short Film by Christopher Rojas (2013) US
Short Film by Nicolas Rodriguez (2013) US
66. «Paul Walker and Roger Rodas: The People’s Memorial»
Documentary by Danny Sue (2013) US
67. «The Art of Being Hurt»
Short Film & Trailer by Sara X. Robin (2013) US
- Prizes: Boston Student Film Festival Special Mention Jury Prize.
- Selections: LA Redstone Film Festival, Boston Student Film Festival.
Short Film by Yakov Eben (2013) US
69. «Like Plastic»
Short Film by Michelle Tsiakaros (2013) US
- Selections: Enzian Film Festival, Orlando Film Festival.
70. «Hiding Rabbits»
Short Film by Martin Mikitas (2012) US
71. “The Sale of a Lifetime”
Short Film by Juan F. Zuleta (2011) COL